Who doesn’t love getting dolled up and heading to the races. We have some fabulous races grounds in Yorkshire, one of them being the beautiful York Racecourse. Did you know that over 360,000 people attend one of the many fixtures at York each year? I wonder if they know about Northern’s great deals for it’s customers?
Northern rail company plays a vital role in the north of England by connecting tens of thousands of people to work, leisure, education and more every day. Now, they want to give you more on race day. So, make sure you don’t get left at the last furlong and read how to redeem these great deals.
Race day ticket discount
Their new ‘Back a Winner’ campaign entitles you to £5 off entry at Aintree, Doncaster and Thirsk, £4 off entry at Beverley, Carlisle, Cartmel, Haydock Park, Hexham, Newcastle and Redcar, £3 off entry at York – make sure you pick up a voucher at the ticket office.
Present your voucher at the racecourse entrance to receive your discount off the appropriate admission price into the Grandstand & Paddock/Tattersalls enclosures. You may be asked to show your rail ticket.
Money off race day betting
By travelling with Northern you also get £2 off a £5 (or more) tote placepot bet. The featured racecourses are Beverley, Carlisle, Cartmel, Doncaster, Haydock Park, Hexham, Newcastle, Redcar, Thirsk and York. Please note the betting voucher can only be used on the day of issue at any on-course totepool betting point.
Discount on duo rail tickets
Also, duo tickets are a great way to get out and about by train whilst saving a little cash. There’s no need for a Railcard either, simply buy your ticket and travel together to save 25%
You can now buy train tickets on your smartphone anytime, anywhere with the free Northern mobile app which can also be used to help you plan journeys.
My top horse racing fixture for 2017
- Tuesday 1st August – Beverley Racecourse – Roll Up Roll Up Raceday (family fun day)
- Saturday 5th August 2017 – Thirsk Racecourse – Totepool Thirsk Summer Cup Day
- Monday 7th August (evening) – Carlisle Racecourse – #AmazingMonday
- Saturday 12th August – Redcar Racecourse – Caribbean Carnival Day
- Saturday 26th August – York Racecourse – Yorkshire Ebor Festival – BetFred Ebor
- Monday 28th August (bank holiday) – Cartmel Racecourse – Bank Holiday Celebration Hurdle
- Saturday 2nd September – Beverley Racecourse – Totepool Beverley Bullet Day
- Saturday 9th September – Haydock Park Racecourse – 32Red Sprint Cup Day
- Tuesday 12th September – Newcastle Racecourse – Henry Colbeck Fish & Chips Day
- Saturday 16th September – Doncaster Racecourse – St. Ledgers Day
- Saturday 7th October – Redcar Racecourse – Oktoberfest, featuring the Totepool Two Year Old Trophy
- Friday 13th October – York Racecourse – Countryside Raceday
- Thursday 19th October – Carlisle Racecourse – First Jumps Fixture
- Friday 20th October – Newcastle Racecourse – Halloween Racenight
- Saturday 25th November – Haydock Park Racecourse – Betfair Chase Day
- Saturday 2nd December – Doncaster Racecourse – Winter Afternoon Racing
- Wednesday 13th December – Hexham Racecourse – Christmas Meeting
- Saturday 23rd December – Newcastle Racecourse – Bet365 Northumberland Chase Day
P.S. This was a sponsored collaboration between The Harrogate Girl and Northern.