We Yorkshire folk are pretty proud of where we’re from so why not theme this year’s Christmas present on Yorkshire. Below are my top ten gifts all with a Yorkshire influence.
1. Bettys Cookery School course | £185.00
Yo can’t get much Yorkshire than Bettys but why not learn how to use spices to create a fantastic fusion of flavour making a curry paste, a marinade and your own blend of garam masala. After all it’s the nations second favourite dish to Fish and Chips.
2. Map of Yorkshire | From Holly Francesca | From £20.00
Be proud of your county with an illustrated art print map showing our stunning county of Yorkshire. Created by the very talented Holly Francesca.
3. Escape Rooms | At Kanyu in Wetherby | £20.00pp
Yorkshire newest escape room will have you puzzled in Sir Henry Cunningham’s home. Exploring Africa’s wilderness almost 200 years ago, Sir Henry Cunningham stumbled upon a legendary secret. South Lodge is all that remains of the Cunningham’s ancestral home after the great house was destroyed in a huge explosion, but it holds the key to that secret.
4. A Trip to How Stean Gorge | Near Pateley Bridge | £20.00 for a family of four
How Stean Gorge is a unique limestone gorge in the Yorkshire Dales, carved over thousands of years. The steep sided chasm over half a mile in length and up to 80 feet deep in places, is already a popular outdoor attraction for abseiling, gorge scrambling and exploring caves. The new glass floors will allow visitors to see the gorge as never before.
5. Yorkshire Terrier Christmas Tree Decoration | From Not on the High Street | £7.95
Yorkshire terrier fans will adore this little wooden Christmas decoration.
6. Photography course in the Dales | From Uniquely Local | £75.00
I’ve been on the look out for a photography course after my passion was sparked by the one I took in Goa. This unique packages suitable for budding photographers who are interested in exploring and photographing the beautiful and unspoilt Walden Valley. Picnic lunch included.
7. Taste Experience |At Goldsborough Hall | £75.00pp
Goldsborough Hall is a former Royal Residence, just outside the beautiful market town of Knaresborough. I recently reviewed this hidden gem which offers exclusive hospitality and a magical tasting experience in their grand dining room.
8. Starlight Spa | At Rudding Park | From £100pp
I love Rudding Park and what a treat it would be to soak in the heated outdoor pool under a star lite sky – how romantic!
9. Gardening Courses | From Jo Banks Garden and Flower School | £20.00 per month
Join the joyful Jo Banks in a monthly gardening course. Learn how to get the most from your garden along with having a great deal of fun and friendship. Sometimes involved wine!
10. Taste of Yorkshire Gift Box | From Bettys | £30.00
These classic Bettys treats celebrate the flavours of our beautiful county: from shortbread and beer to our cake made with Yorkshire Tea, it’s all about traditional treats made with honest ingredients and time-honoured methods.