Sleep, you just can’t live without it
Getting enough ZZZs is one of the most basic things in the world, yet it can make such a big difference to our lives. After a restful night’s sleep I feel ready to face the world and on my A game! And when I don’t? Let’s just say that strong coffee and a cold shower is my tactic for reviving myself. But what I most notice when I don’t sleep well is my ability to look anywhere near half decent goes out the window. With sleep, my skin looks brighter, with less dark circles and I eat better throughout the day and don’t feel exhausted when I get home from work.
It is thought that more than a third of adults aren’t getting the right amount of sleep, according to the Aviva survey of 1,000 aged 18 and over. The survey also found 25% of Britons priorities getting a better night’s sleep over reducing sugar intake and eating more healthily. But we’re still not getting it right.
In today’s busy world we’re all guilty of always being on. With my phone in arms reach I can’t resist having a quick look through everyone’s Instagram stories. But before I realise, half an hour has past me by and it’s nearly close to midnight. My personal Trainer, Graham Whitehead Health has always said to get the best sleep you should be asleep by 10.30pm. This is because between 10.30pm and 2pm your body repairs itself and with the recent news of the lack of sleep could shorten your life we all need to put sleep back on our agendas, but what are the tactics to getting a good bit of shut-eye?
My friends at Neom Organics are hosting a #NeomBigSleep. Running over the month of September, the #NeomBigSleep is open to anyone who wants to get more serious about their slumber. They are offering inspirational ideas and practical advice on how to improve your sleep.
Scents to evoke a reaction
Neom started developing different scents to evoke a reaction. Whether this is their shower drops that help you kick ass at 6am, their delicious candles that creates a tranquil calm zone or their deeply relaxing bath that prepares you for a perfect night’s sleep.
Perfect Night’s Sleep Programme
Neom’s fragrances are 100% NATURAL with true wellbeing benefits – to help relieve stress, aid sleep, boost your energy or lift your mood. Their experts, known as Neomologists understand how important sleep is so, on donned their night shirts and thinking nightcaps before developing a Perfect Night’s Sleep 3 Step Programme just for us.
Use Neom’s Intense Night Repair Face, Body & Hair Oil or light the Tranquillity Scented Candle before bedtime, allowing the fragrance to fill the room.
Spritz your pillow with the Perfect Night’s Sleep Pillow Mist.
Warm a pea-sized amount of the Nourish, Breathe & Sleep Hand Balm between your hands before massaging into the skin. Lay back, cup your hands over your nose and mouth and breathe in through your nose for seven seconds and out through your mouth slowly for 11 second.
Neo have brought out an easy mini sleep kit, for just £20.00 it includes 5ml Body Oil, 5ml Pillow Mist & 10ml Hand Balm. It’s available online or why not pop into one of their gorgeous stores (Leeds, Kings Road & Wimbledon… they really need a Harrogate store!) and take a complimentary Sleep School with one of their knowledgeably Neomologists. And don’t forget to sign up to their #NeomBigSleep for all the to tips on how to get a great night’s sleep.
COMPETITION TIME: WIN a Neom Perfect Night’s Sleep Pillow Mist worth £20
To kick start your better night sleep, I’m giving away a Perfect Night Pillow Mist worth £20.
All you have to do is sign up here.
Closing date is Sunday 1st October 2017.
COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED.
Terms and Conditions
- You cannot enter after the closing date of Sunday 1st October 2017.
- Only one entry per prize draw/competition, per reader.
- The prize is a 30ml Neom SLEEP RANGE™ Perfect Night’s Sleep Pillow Mist.
- This is are subject to availability, and The Harrogate Girl reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative product or colour of equal or higher value if necessary at the promoters’ discretion.
- Prize draws and competitions open to UK residents only.
- No purchase necessary.
- Winner(s) will be selected at random after the closing date from all entries received. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winner(s) will be notified by email (using the details provided at entry) within two days of the closing date. Following such notification, the winner will be required to send full details of their postal address to which the Prize will be delivered.
- If The Harrogate Girl cannot: (i) contact the winner (via the details provided at the date of entry) within a reasonable period of time; or (ii) the winner does not return details of its postal address to The Harrogate Girl within two days of notification that they have won the Prize, The Harrogate Girl reserves the right to re-draw a winner of the competition and thereafter until a winner on these terms is found.
- The Harrogate Girl accepts no responsibility for the prize if damaged during postage.
- By entering any of The Harrogate Girl’s online prize draws and competitions you agree to having your name and email address used in a future marketing activity. If you do not wish to receive emails please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating so.
- At no point now or in the future will your details be passed on to a third party.
P.S. Thank you to Neom Organics for gifting me these products.