You wouldn’t think it lately, but Easter is nearly upon us. The Bettys bakers, chocolatiers and confectioners have a spring in their step, and so they should with all the wonderful creations hopping out of the bakery door.
In a little corner of my home town of Harrogate is a Swiss chalet style building housing the many secrets of the master craftsmen at Bettys. Here, they work through the night to bring you the most beautiful Eggs you’ll see this Easter.
Easter at Bettys
This year Bettys have surpassed themselves. Yes I may be bias as I work for them, but I’m not involved in the creating these beauties. And by-god they are beautiful!
The theme this year seems to be all about the Spring Bloom. Let’s just take a minute and take in the wonder that is the Bettys Imperial in Bloom Egg.
Weighing in at five kilos and 50cm high, it’s Bettys biggest egg and has even been used as an alternative wedding cake. It takes a whopping two full days to create this stunning showstopper, but this floral creation comes at a price; handing over £250 of your shiniest pennies means you could probably be enjoying this until Easter 2019!
Win a Bettys Easter Egg
But Bettys knows we don’t all have £250 shiny pennies so has created a mini-me version called the Spring Bloom Egg, priced at a handsome £30. Like the Imperial in Bloom Egg, it’s just as striking. Made with eau de nil coloured white chocolate, and finished with a silver lustre, it is hand finished with bluebells, primroses, bumble bees and a sugar paste butterfly.
And here is the best part… I’ve managed to get my hands on one of them especial for one of you this Easter.
To enter, head over to my social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and follow the instructions.
How do Bettys craft the most beautiful Easter Eggs? Take a look:
My other top picks this Easter:
Hotel Chocolat | You Crack Me Up Easter Egg -Extra Thick | 405g | £27.00
Waitrose | Dark Chocolate Avocado Easter Egg | 250g | £8.00
Bettys | Champagne Truffle Eggs | 90g | £11.50
Marks & Spencers | Octagonal Hand Painted Belgian Chocolate Egg | 240g |£12.00
Terms and Conditions:
- To enter the competition, you must be following The Harrogate Girl on one social media platform, have liked the post and have tagged a friend.
- Entries made after 12 noon on Sunday 25th March 2018 will not be included in the competition.
- Only one entry per prize draw/competition, per reader.
- The prize is a Bettys Limited Edition Spring Bloom Egg 19cm high | 315g | £30.00
- The winner will be selected at random.
- All prizes are subject to availability, and The Harrogate Girl reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative product of equal or higher value if necessary at the promoters’ discretion.
- Prize draws and competitions are only open to UK residents aged 18 years or over.
- The prize will be sent to the winner via Bettys dispatch team. The Harrogate Girl will not take any responsibility if lost or stolen during posting.
- The prize can only be delivered to a UK address.
- No purchase necessary.
- The winner will be notified by social media (using the details provided at entry) within two days of the closing date. Following such notification, the winner will be required to send full details of their postal address to which the Prize will be delivered.
- If The Harrogate Girl cannot: (i) contact the winner (via the details provided at the date of entry) within a reasonable period of time; or (ii) the winner does not reply to The Harrogate Girl within two days of notification that they have won the Prize, The Harrogate Girl reserves the right to re-draw a winner of the competition and thereafter until a winner on these terms is found.
- The Harrogate Girl accepts no responsibility for the prize if damaged.
- At no point now or in the future will your details be passed on to a third party, other than those if stated above.