A Proper Yorkshire Competition
You could win a bundle of Yorkshire goodies worth over £400! The prize is bursting with Harrogate lovelies:
- Afternoon Tea for two at Grantley Hall
- A year’s supply of Yorkshire Gold
- A pair of Sterling Silver Yorkshire Rose Earrings from Azendi
- A box of six Bettys Cheeky Rascals
- A bottle of Slingsby Marmalade Gin
- £30 Infinity & Co voucher
- A bottle of Harrogate Tipple Gin
- Yorkshire Day gift box from ooogifts
- Box of 24 of Tiger Lilly Collection
- A Rowbert Candle
To enter you need to head over to Instagram and follow the instructions on my grid – link to Instagram here. The closing date is Thursday 9th August 2020 – so you need to be quick. T&Cs apply, see bottom of the blog for more details.
A Proper Yorkshire Quiz
Just for fun. How well do you know England’s largest county? Have a go and leave your answers in the comments below. Keep an eye out for the answers which will be posted next week…and no cheating!
1. The world’s oldest sweet shop was established in 1827. But where is it?
- Pateley Bridge
2. Which Yorkshire town did Charles Dickens describe as “the queerest place with the strangest people in it leading the oddest lives…”?
3. How long are York’s medieval city walls? (We’ll give you a clue – it’s under 15 miles!)
- 2 miles
- 11 miles
- 8 miles
4. How many gold medals were won by Yorkshire athletes in the London 2012 Summer Olympics?
5. Which North Yorkshire town is a top foodie destination?
6. One which day is Yorkshire Day celebrated?
- 1st August
- 1st July
- 31st July
7. Where is the Great Yorkshire Showground?
8. Wakefield, Morley and Rothwell all form part of what?
- The Golden Triangle
- Bermuda Triangle
- The Rhubarb Triangle
9. Which Yorkshire cricketer captained England to an Ashes victory in 2005?
- Michael Vaughan
- Steven Patterson
- Darren Gough
10. Which Yorkshire cheese do Wallace & Gromit enjoy?
- Red Leicester
11. Which of these bands is not from Yorkshire?
- Arctic Monkeys
- The Darkness
- Kaiser Chiefs
12. When is dinner?
- Before tea and supper
- After tea, before supper
- After tea and supper
- After supper, before tea
13. The Shambles in York dates back to which century?
14. Where is the singer Ed Sheeran originally from?
- Hebden Bridge
Don’t forget to write your answers below and I’ll share them with you next week.
Terms & Conditions
1. Entries made after 6pm on Thursday 9th August 2020 will not be included in the competition.
2. To enter you need to have followed all the instructions on our Instagram posts. For an extra entry tag a friend in the comments and share in your stories, tagging The Harrogate Girl so I can see!
3. The prize is as stated above and worth over £400.
4. The winner will be selected at random.
5. All prizes are subject to availability, and The Harrogate Girl, Inbetween the Food, Freckle Face Panda and Elisha Blogs (Harrogate Bloggers) reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative product of equal or higher value if necessary at the promoters’ discretion.
6. Prize draws and competitions are only open to UK residents aged 18 years or over.
7. The prize will be sent to the winner via recorded delivery. The Harrogate Bloggers does not take any responsibility if the prize is lost or stolen during posting.
8. No purchase necessary.
9. The winner will be notified by Instagram (using the details provided at entry) within two days of the closing date. Following such notification, the winner is required to send full details of their postal address to which the prize will be delivered.
10. If The Harrogate Bloggers cannot: (i) contact the winner (via the details provided at the date of entry) within a reasonable period of time; or (ii) the winner does not reply to the Harrogate Bloggers within two days of notification that they have won the prize, the Harrogate Bloggers reserves the right to re-draw a winner of the competition and thereafter until a winner on these terms is found.
11. The Harrogate Bloggers accepts no responsibility for the prize if damaged.
P.S. Thank you to all the Harrogate businesses who donated a prize for the Yorkshire Day Competition.