Christmas is the stuff of nightmares for singletons… not only do you have to attend numerous parties by yourself, be set up with random single men by your friends and work colleagues but there’s no one special to share in this magical time. I wrote this post prior to finding someone special but thought I’d share it anyway.
My top tips for surviving the festive season:
- Don’t sweat it – Realise you can do anything you want with no one to answer to! So go on fill your time seeing friends, being with family, or heading to the local Christmas market.
- Feel good – treat yourself but don’t over indugle to the point that you feel tired and just a bit crap. If it helps hide the mince pies and not drink too many mulled wines and instead pack in loads of fresh fruit and veg… trust me you’ll feel good and won’t be fighting a cold like every other bod in the office.
- Don’t be the only singleton at a party – decline invitations if you feel uncomfortable in a crowd. Better still ask if you could bring a friend with you.
- Prepare for those questions – “A nice girl like you shouldn’t be single. How come you can’t find a good bloke?” Apparently marriage makes everything better, and couples are happier than singletons. Just remember top tip number one.
- Look on the bright side – you don’t have to think about a really good gift to give your other half. Instead spend the money on yourself.
- Treat yourself – have a facial or a massage to unwind and set you up for 2017.
But, I hear you say…. Why does your post title say My NOT SO SINGLE Christmas? Well, this year I have a boyfriend. Yes, he’s real! I don’t want to get all soppy on you but I really like this guy. He’s super down to earth, funny, kind and pretty awesome.
Please don’t tell him, he’s got more than enough cheeky confidence as it is! Anyway we’ve been on so many adventures these past few months and our aim is to have many more life adventures together. I’ll keep you posted on all of them but for now wish me luck and I hope whether you’re single or taken, have a scrumptious Christmas!
If you like this post read my post about my thoughts on being single FOREVER!