Marketing and Website Handling
The Harrogate Girl reserves the right to periodically update or modify the above policies. Any changes to these policies will be posted on this page. The revised policies will apply to the website from the time of the updated policies.
If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website.
The information contained in this website is provided “as is” and the information is provided by The Harrogate Girl and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
Use of our website
When visiting and using our website you must ensure any information (including personal) that you send to us either via the website or relation to the website is accurate, true and non-misleading. Any data we send you is confidential and you should not use this data to contact any individuals, persons, entities or companies. You are permitted to use our website for your own purposes and to print and download material from this Website provided that you do not modify any content without our consent. Material on this website must not be republished online or offline without our permission. The copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on this Website are owned by us or our licensors and must not be reproduced without our prior consent. You must not use our website in any way of the following:
The Harrogate Girl reserve the right to alter, change or discontinue any or all of our website services. This includes stopping publishing to our website. This can be at any time and is at our sole discretion. This can be without notice or explanation. If this happens you will not be entitled to any sort of compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any of our website services, or if we stop publishing to our website. Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of The Harrogate Girl we have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, The Harrogate Girl takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Exceptions and Limitations
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit liability in respect of any:
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website. The extent that our website and the information and services on our website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
Law and Jurisdiction
This Legal Notice shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Any dispute(s) arising in connection with this Legal Notice are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of England and Wales.
What are Cookies
A cookie is a very small text file containing a string of letters and numbers that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser on your computer.
These Cookies will be stored on your computer by a web browser and will remain valid until a set expiry date. this would be invalid if deleted by the user before that expiry date.
These are created when a user visits a website and will expire at the end of that user session. this will be when the web browser has been closed by the user.
Third Party Cookies
These are created when a user visits a website, these Cookies are provided by third parties on our behalf the reason for this is so we can research the use of our website. this could involve both session and persistent cookies, these Cookies do not store any personal information.
You have a number of options when it comes to receiving cookies. you can set your browser to reject all Cookies, to allow only ‘trusted’ sites to send them, or accept only those Cookies from websites you are currently using.We recommend you don’t block all Cookies as parts of our website won’t work correctly without them.
When visiting The Harrogate Girl website or contacting The Harrogate Girl we will:
Information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
The Harrogate Girl may collect and store the following limited personal information:
What we do with the information we gather
The personal information that you submit to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified within this policy or on the relevant web pages of the website. We may use your personal information to:
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
• Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims.
• User Data that includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back- ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business.
• Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising.
• Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free give-aways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising.
• We may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which is to grow our business. We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you.
Controlling your personal Information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
We love contacting with you on Social Media. If you interact with us on social media, you are consenting and allowing us to interact with you.
We are really lucky to regularly get tagged in photographs – by tagging us, you are consenting that these images may be used royalty free without limitation, however we will always seek permission before reposting.
Third Party Services
The Harrogate Girl will not disclose any of your information to any third parties except in a situation where it is part of providing a service to you. This includes arranging for a product to be sent to you, carrying out security checks and for the purposes of customer research or when you have given us permission to do so.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies, so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
Security of personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Storage of personal information you provide will be either on our secure internal network which is also secured by a password and firewall.
You the user will acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is and can be inherently insecure, and that we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Access to Information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998.
The Harrogate Girl can provide you with a copy of any information that The Harrogate Girl maintains about you writing to us via our registered office address.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
For tax purposes the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
You can contact us to update any personal information we hold about you that would need updating.
This website contains hypertext links to external websites. The Harrogate Girl is not responsible for the privacy policies operated by the owners of those sites and does not accept responsibility for any information obtained by third parties as a result of use by you of such hypertext links.
About The Harrogate Girl
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email at theharrogategirl(@)gmail.com or by mail using the details provided below:
Victoria Turner, Flat 3, 37 Westcliffe Terrace, Harrogate, HG2 0PU